Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back Review of My Bridging Course

Back Review of My Bridging Course
--Zhou Yuanyi
I have been in Singapore for half a year. Looking back what I have done in Bridging Course, I feel content but not so well-content.
At the beginning of my Bridging Course, I failed to concentrate on my study but the dream of guitar. I was so worried about my guitar dream that I was nearly out of mind. Of course, my study performance is bad.
After I participated in the Jogging Team, I was getting to know a person named Gary, who helps not only me but also many SM3 students a lot. There is no denying that he has a great effect on me. I was moved and touched by him as well as our Jogging Team.
The very first I knew Gary was when I asked him to bring me a birthday present. He gave me the book Everyday Greatness. Later I admired him very much because he could memorize most of the names of SM3 students and he care about everyone in Jogging Team and wanted to make them to bring out the best in us.
He made reconnaissance each time before we jogged. He picked us every early morning to encourage us to take the first bus to school. He prepared papers and exams for us to exercise before formal exams. He sent SMS to everyone to encourage them before progress test. He lent books to us trying to illuminate us to understand many questions out of study. I feel so lucky to know him.
I will remember our Jogging Team forever. There are so many inspiring people who make me feel warm. Their persistence left me deep impression. Like YiDa, ZhangLiang. Our team leader Shuofeng paid a lot in this team. XiaoKang will wait and cared YiDa each time when YiDa run with difficulty. ZhangLiang taught me maths patiently. ShuoFeng was willing to spent time to listen to my complaint and chatted with me for a long time. A SM2 girl named XingXi, whom I want to stress most, is pretty and kind. Every member encouraged each other and walked on until the ultimately goal “Passion Run”. After we finished the ten thousand meters running, we not only achieved the sense of success, but also the deep feelings between each other.
I lived a life meaningful during bridging course. But the not so content part is that I worked hard until the shocking exam result came out. Although it is not too late, I regard it as a reminder for my future life.
I learned to be independent and care about others. I learned that study is not the most important thing in our life, because there are many things that worth doing. I learned that we should live with an attitude of grateful. I learned to be respect to others. I learned thinking is the most important thing for human beings. I also believe that live in your own kind of lifestyle, do not to admire others too much. You can do a lot of things to that kind of person rather than just admiring them.
Like BOWEN said, I also feel the warm in group 6. It is another kind of home. Maybe after we enter NUS, there is little chance for us to gather together. So treasure every second we have now.
I do not know what the future in store for me. My aim is to live a meaningful life.
Happy everyday! Yuanyi; Happy every day, my Jogging Team; Happy every day, my forever Group 6!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yuanyi. It's good to know that your six months here have been a good learning experience for you. You've certainly grown in maturity and confidence. I appreciate the effort you made to speak up in class and contribute your ideas. I wish you all the best for your coming studies in NUS; do keep in touch with each other and with us teachers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yuanyi,
    I did the passion run too. I didn't see you there! How long did you take? It was a great experience for me too ...my first run. I think I'll do 15km in the next run.

    ReplyDelete