Friday, April 17, 2009

Computer, do not let me down!

Last night was a terrible night. Do you know why? There was something wrong with my computer. A serious problem happened to my computer and many important data and programmes were lost. I did not know how to deal with it because I was not a hacker. This is how it happened:
Last night I was busy writing my essay. Actually, I was very unlucky these days. The essay I was writing was Essay 6, which I had to rewrite because I wrote a wrong topic. I worked really hard and I was about to finish it when the problem occurred. The essay was gone. I was really angry at that time. The computer just stopped and when I restarted it, I found many things were gone, including that essay. Oh, my god, why me? Then I checked my computer until 1 o’clock in the morning. And I still can’t find out the problem. I asked my roommates and they had no idea, too. So I just left it there and went to bed. The next day it was still out of order. So, I rewrote the rewrite essay. This time I store my rewrite essay in the thumb drive and it survived from the disaster happened in my computer. Oh, I was lucky this time.
Because of this, I went to www.google.com and searched for the solution. Fortunately, I found a reliable one and it helped me a lot. Although the problem still exist, it is much better now. From this, I know that how powerful the internet is. When you have some hard problems, you can google it. That is what I have learned from this thing. And now in Eton Hall, I found that computers (games, especially Warcraft and Dota) had become the best friends of some students. I do not think it is good and I think you should control the games instead of letting them control you. I wonder whether my computer’s problem has something to do with the games because I always play games, too. And I decided that I will control my desire to play games and not “destroy” my computer. And I also want to say it to my Dear Mr. Computer:
Do not let me down and let my data disappear again!

3 comments:

  1. Some say a computer is like a girlfriend. Once you bought it, you will have to spend a lot of time and buy lots of accessories for it. You will never understand it and it won't tell you why it is angry with you.
    So it is important that you get a girlfriend you know and you can talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you'd certainly learned your lesson the hard way! It happened to me not once, but twice, and I can tell you how maddening that can be!

    If this incident reminds you not to spend too much time on games, isn't it a blessing in disguise in a way?

    ReplyDelete