Thursday, April 2, 2009

On the Road to Adults

   Life is a journey. As a 18-year-old girl, although I’ve just set out my journey, there are already some past sceneries and footprints to share with; I’m proud that I have been on the road to adults.

   Since both of my parents are teachers, who are busy with their jobs, I have taken the first step towards adults at a very young age. I have to admit that I had an incredibly happy childhood, without too much homework, nor any training course. However, when I came to secondary school, I found that I was left behind many of my peers who spent great portion of their childhood learning Advanced Math for Olympic Competition, drawing or calligraphy, etc. I was feeling kind of frustrated. Then, I began to think how to cope with them. It was at that time that I realized I should learn more in order to survive in the dog-eat-dog society. It’s my first path to adults-thinking like an adult.

   After I graduated from senior high school (the same ides of junior college in Singapore), I faced the problem that which university I’m going. It’s the first time that I felt I was at a crossroad. With a dream of hunting for adventures, I chose an university offering more opportunities to see what’s it like outside China. Fortunately, I made it in the end. I grasped the chance to come here.

   Now, I’m standing at another crossroad, at which time I have to decide where to go on my own. At first, I was very confused. After attending a series of lectures on how to choose major, I have made it clearer what’s my next step. I think I’ll make the best choice for me finally.

   That’s how I get there step by step. Though it’s just a start, I’m quite happy with what I’ve done; and I’ll definitely carry on doing it till the very end.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I don't know why you posted it 3 times, the net speed in Eton Hall is still terrible? I think so.
    The road to adults is hard and full of obstacles, what one should do is carrry on it untill the truth is comeing. Well done and I think you will do better in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You're right. Because I posted it in Eton Hall and I thought I didn't post it successfully...

    ReplyDelete