Monday, April 13, 2009

Since I love the lion king very much, I am going to introduce you the classic music in this Disney’s 32nd animated film. Among them, Hakuna Matata is my favorite song. I do admire their easy way of life, and I think one line may be sort of true in some aspect: when the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.
Do you want to know the source of the famous phrase “Hakuna matata”? Let me tell you. It is a Swahili phrase that is literally translated as "There are no worries". It is sometimes translated as "no worries", although is more commonly used similarly to the English phrase "no problem".
The song proved enormously popular and was nominated for Best Song at the Academy Awards in 1995 and lost only to "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", one of three Lion King song nominations (the other was "Circle of Life"), it was later ranked the 98th best song in movie history by the American Film Institute on a list of 100. It was also ranked 99th in the AFI's list of the 100 best American movie songs of all time. The musical score was written by Elton John and the lyrics by Tim Rice.
Here are the music, hope you like them, at least some of them!(all music in the lion king1, 2, 3are included)
Can you feel the love tonight
Hakuna matata
Circle of life
Be prepared
Busa
Chow down
Digga tunnah dance
Endless night
Grasslands chant
Grazing in the grass
He lives in you
Hyenas
I just can’t wait to be king
I want to see the moon
In youpendi
It’s time
Jungle boogie
King of pride rock
Kube
Lala
Lea halalela
Love will find a way
My lullaby
Noyana
One by one
One of us
Rafiki mourn
She believes in you
Simba confronts scar
Song for the children
That’s all I need
The lioness hunt
The good, the bad, and the ugly
The madness of king scar
The morning report
The stampede
This land
Timon’s traveling theme
To die for
Under the stars
Upendi
Warthog rhapsody
We are one

1 comment: