Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Favourite Song

My favorite song is called “Yellow Maple Leaves”. It was in my senior high school that I first heard about this song. I have been into this song for a long time and I still can not forget about the melody of the song.
The song mainly depicts a picture that a girl sent a yellow maple leaf to a boy who was going to leave for a fight in a war. And the boy promised that when the leaves on the maple trees turn red, he would come back. However, the boy died in the war and he never came back again. At the moment he fell down, he saw the girl still waiting under the maple trees.
The content of the song is a little sad and it is a tragedy end. Some people say that the singer “Xue Zhiqian” has a unique love story. But most people think that he wrote this song for his mother, because he is an orphan and his mother passed away when he was only two years old. So superficially it is a love story, but in fact it contains his miss and affection to his mother.
The music is composed by different kinds of musical instruments. For example, the use of the pipe adds a lot of tragedy effects to this song. The first time I heard this song, I was so moved by it that I decided to sing it at class. But my classmates said that I was so out of tune that I can recompose it. So I practice singing it more often. At last, I succeed. One day we went to the karaoke and of course I sang this song again. My classmates were so surprised that they thought my voice was just like Xue Zhiqian’s
“Yellow Maple Leaves” has accompanied with me for many years. And the melody of this song will never fade from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment