Saturday, April 18, 2009

My English

The result of the check point came out yesterday. Not so bad though I have put little effort in it because I have already learned it in my home university. Actually the lessons we are learning are somewhat easy. However, it is not for my English. Honestly, I haven’t worked hard on my English since the beginning. That is not because I don’t want to learn English well, but I don’t know how to start to work hard on it. English is not like calculus or C Programming. It cannot be mastered all at once. It needs my continual effort not my instant explosion. I have seen many ways of learning English, from which I find that the same point is that they all need you to memorize. The difference is that some recommend you to memorize in the unit of words, some in sentences and some in articles. Obviously the worst choice is to memorize in the unit of words because knowing the meaning of the words alone is not enough. I should know how to use it. Besides, it is really hard to memorize the words because there are no connections between the words so it’s easy to forget them. The best way is to memorize in the unit of articles. Nevertheless, it’s really hard to find appropriate articles to memorize and there are no suitable time and places to do it. The articles should be neither too easy nor too hard and neither too long nor too short. The content should be interesting and memorable. But there are some. For example, the New Concept English. But I have to print them. I really regret that I did not bring the books here from China. Even if I have printed them, I have no suitable time and places to memorize. I mean I have to make a specially plan to do it. First, I have to get up very early because the best time to memorize is the morning. Second, I have to choose a good place which is quiet so that nobody can disturb me. It seems that the hillside behind Eton Hall is a perfect place. But I am afraid I may disturb the people living on the hill. Since they all speak English, they may laugh at me when I read some stupid sentences in a stupid way again and again. So the question is which is more important, face or future? The answer is apparent. It seems that I have to ignore if they are laughing. Now the plan has been made, execute it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment