Thursday, May 14, 2009

ANNOYING SWINE FLU

It has been about 20 days since the swine flu broke out and began to spread globally. It is spreading in such an amazing speed that thousands of people have been infected and some even die of it. The infectious disease also invaded China several days ago. Till now it is reported that there are already 4 cases in China, including 1 in Chengdu, 1 in Jinan and 2 in Hong Kong. In my province, there are 7 people who have been segregated and remained to be diagnosed.
Although I believe they can be guarded well that they will not go out and infect more people, but psychologically I really hate it. In addition, there was a slight earthquake happening in my hometown just 5 days ago. It is the first time I feel that disasters are quite near my loved ones. Besides, it is also the first time I am quite far away from home and I can do nothing but worry. Even if I were still in my former university, I could do nothing helpful. I feel so sad about it. What’s more terrible, the diagnosed patient exactly knew that he had been infected by swine flu, but he didn’t report it for such a long time. I wonder why the man was not responsible enough that he should have been segregated before but the fact is that he has contracted with so many people. And it means quite a number of people may become potential patients but we can hardly control it because it seems a little bit late.

For us who plan to go back home after bridging course, the situation becomes more complex and annoying that we may be segregated once we enter China, and again when we go back to Singapore. If swine flu cannot be control effectively, our plan will be totally ruined. Now I just hope that things can go better.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it does complicate the situation for you, doesn't it? For some people in Singapore, it affected their plans to go on holiday in affected countries like Japan, but for all of you, going home is really more important. I hope things work out for all of you. And yes, it does make you wonder why the man could still go about normal life, coming into contact with other people, knowing full well that he had swine flu. Either he was frightened, or just being plain selfish. Sigh. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a worrying and tricky situation. I hope all goes well, and there won't be complications for you and your friends traveling.

    ReplyDelete