Thursday, May 28, 2009

Forever group 6!

Initially, I intended to end up the blog with a simple movie response, with thinking that I would be no longer confused by what topic to write on. However, when I was wondering how to start writing the final blog, I came across Li Bowen’s final blog, which was about our group 6. It moves me so much that all the past 147 days just appears in front of my eyes like a movie. Thus I change my mind and decide to conclude my English bridging course.
In the very beginning, I regarded the bridging course as an ideal module, through which an ABC guy could be turned into an excellent English master. However, after a period and several examines, I gradually realized how naïve I was. Compared with others, I could not perform well in oral reports because of my low vocabulary, lack of knowledge and poor delivery skills. In addition, I always felt nervous and I stood on the stage just like a wood. As for examines and essays, I have adjusted to low marks, and I just wondered how I became unable to express myself. I really appreciated others and wondered when I could be like them. But the fact was that I could not find any improvement of my English and I felt despaired again and again. My confidence faded away and I became more and more silent in class.
When it is phase 2, I become busy with my essays and research project. Gradually I find I also can come up with good ideas and contribute. I try to present my ideas more in class. I can finish my tasks in time. And I am more involved in the lessons and familiar with classmates. It is the friendship and the changes of my minds that make me active. Hence, I overcome my fear when doing oral report, and I am more careful and considerate when writing. Now I can say that I am confident and I am quite satisfied with my performance in OP2. And I no longer complain with my low marks because I can learn something and benefit from them indeed.
Now, only 1 more week remain for bridging course, it is the time to separate and we may seldom have class in the same room in the future. Academically, all of us have found proper ways to learn and some have become excellent English masters. For myself, I regain my confidence. Furthermore, I really enjoy the friendship between classmates and tutors. I’m really unwilling to end the bridging course. But the exciting college life is awaiting us and we have to say goodbye to the bridging course. In all, group 6 is forever, isn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. Zhang Jiao, I thought you are pretty good when you address an audience, not so much the 'scaredy cat' you made yourself out to be =)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't realise how you were feeling, Zhang Jiao. You always seem so calm and steady. However, I am glad to know that your sense of confidence has been restored. For me, I've always found you to be steady and dependable. I'm sure you will enjoy varsity life, and I hope that all of you will keep in touch with us too.

    ReplyDelete