Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time flies

May has come. How time flies!
Last Friday Dr. Tay, the professor teaching us C Programming distributed the schedule for May to July to us. Suddenly, I felt that how time flies. One mother, only one month, our English course will come to the end and one more month later, our bridging course will end. When August comes, we will enter NUS and become an undergraduate student, starting the four-year life in campus in NUS.
We have been in Singapore for more than four months. For me, this is the first time to leave my home and live in another place all by myself. These four months, life changed a lot, even totally changed. I have learnt how to take care of myself. I also tried to make friends actively. Although it is still a little hard for me, I have already been trying to do so.
I like the group which I am now in. It is really an excellent group. Everyone is getting on quite well with each other. I really want to thank Wei Bin. Everyone in our group calls her Miss Thunder. Well, I think it is Wei Bin’s thunder that makes what Group6 is today. Because of the so called “thunder”, everyone started to play with each other, sometimes even make fun of each other. It brings a lot of fun to our high stressed study life.
I like the place where I am living now. It is true that the living condition in Eton Hall is not very good. Eight people share the same room and the food is not that delicious. But the people there do make a difference. Our aunties take care of our life and study. They also help us improve our English. While I like the uncle most. Every day we meet each other he will call me from quite a distance and we also make fun with each other. He also remains us to sigh out and sigh in.
I like Singapore. It is a fantastic city, as well as a country. I like the tall trees and green grass. I really like the feeling when I walk alone on the iron bridge from Hort Park to Northern Ridge. It makes me come down and really think about my life and the decision I am making.
Two months, two months later our bridging course will come to the end. I hope I can make full use of the remaining two months and really do something meaningful.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read this post, because it tells me that you have more or less 'settle down' into life as a student in Singapore.
    (PS: Sign in and Sign out, not 'Sigh' =>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel quite happy that all the group members are getting on well with each other. It really helped me to get rid of homesick and settle down in Singapore. Also, reading your post made me feel very comfortable and warm. What's more, I feel exactly the same way. ^-^
    Let's Thunder together~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Group 6 is a very happy group, and I think all the tutors have enjoyed teaching all of you. Weibin is such a goodnatured and sporting person. Your positive attitude also plays a big part in how you feel, Yang Xiao, as you tend to find things to be grateful for, and tend not to make a big deal of the less pleasant aspects. I hope you will continue to be such a positive person. Though Eton Hall may be somewhat old, it is in lovely surroundings, with beautiful old trees, which is something I think you've appreciated too!

    ReplyDelete