Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Give Programm

Although I was only given one chance to teach the students chinese. I really enjoyed it. And it was really an impressing experience for me.That time what I did was just to give an introduce about me and my hometown. Since that was the first time for me to stand in front of a lot of people and teach them knowledge , and I knew I always had stage fright . I was really a bit too afraid of my ability to control the situation.I was afraid they did not enjoy my speech. But actually it was really a pleasant thing to teach so clever students. They called me as “Miss Wang”and regarded me as their teacher. They listened to me carefully and asked me questions every now and then, which really let to enjoy the process of teaching them. I just standed in front of them . I looked at them . They were still so childish. They looked so cute and full of life .They were at the same age as my younger brother. At that moment , I recalled the words of chairman Mao “you are just like the sun at 8 am.” I really considered myself as an adult .Yeah , they were all so lively and so curious about what I was saying. Compared with me , they were really much better than me for they really had the desire of learning . What I really wanted to do at that moment was just to tell them as much as possible. I was only given 10 minutes to teach the students . But fortunally I had the chance to sit in the back of the classroom and experience how the lessons were taught in singapore. To my surprise , the Chinese of the students were so good. They can communicate in Chinese fluently . Sometimes they could even say some idioms . They were really bilingual . Both English and Chinese were so good. Time flied . Soon I finished what I should do and it was the time for me to leave . All my cute lovely students all waved goodbye to me . It took me about half an hour to get to NUS. Although it is really a busy Friday , in my mind it is a really perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your day =)

    It feels great to be a teacher for once, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete