Friday, May 1, 2009

Journeyto Singapore SC

After a tough test we went for our second learning journey to Science Centre today. It was really a great place which was full of interesting and amazing things. One thing that impressed me very much was the IMAX movie.

It was my first time to watch this kind of movie. Though I have watched so called 4-D movies in my hometown and Hong Kong, it was really fantastic. The screen was much bigger than the normal ones and it was in a spherical shape. When the movie started, we all half-lay on our chairs with our back leaning to the back of the chairs. Such kind of screen gave us the feelings of three dimensions. When the lens moved it felt like that we were moving as well following the movement of the lens. All these changed us from audiences to a character in the movie.

After enjoying the IMAX movie we were distributed to visit other parts of Science Centre individually. During the visit we found many interest things as well as learnt a lot of knowledge.

After such a journey I realized how interesting and mysterious the world of science was. I also had the feeling that how close science was to our daily life. Many things which seem mysterious can all be explained by some theories in science. Furthermore with the help of science we can make some amazing things.

In addition I realized that Science Park which I used to think it was only a place for children was also available for adolescents and even for adult for everyone who visits it will achieve some knowledge of science used in daily life which will help raise the level of literacy of the entire society. Furthermore it can also raise one’s interest in science which is very important for some teenagers in school and universities especially those who are studying in science faculty. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Science Center is really an interesting place. I also liked the movie. It was fantastic. When the monster came and open his mouth, I really felt scared. I liked the water work best. It was quite interesting. Well it was also a little bit childish, but I really liked it. It was really a pity that we did have enough time to have a look at all the exhibits. I hope I can visit there for more than one time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xinyu,
    I'm really glad that you were well enough to still enjoy yourself at the Science Centre, considering that you had some stomach problems that day. Yes, even though I have been to the Science Centre numerous times, I still find that there are new things to learn each time. I like the way you expressed that science is so very much a part of our lives as it can be used to explain everyday phenomena that we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete