Thursday, May 14, 2009

a little yellow beatles

  It was a normal weekday. Still leaned against the seat wearily in the bus after a six hours English course and tough bodybuilding, looking out of the window.

  Actually, I like watching streets in Singapore, for I like automobile since young as a child from China FAW (First Automobile works). There are so many pretty cars in Singapore, where I think one can not show off with BMW and it may not surprise you when you hear unusually harsh sound of engine then see a stream of Lamborghini. But this time I saw a yellow Volkswagen Beatles, which made me fall into a deep recollection.

  The little car is one of my favorite automobiles. In retrospect, Beatles’ lovely appearance and compatible notion fascinated me when I was in primary school. There is another reason why I like it so much.   

  I think our peers all know that we were so lucky when we were little, for there were so many excellent cartoons. Unlike those little friends who were born about or after 2000, who may only watch some awful local cartoons and may never hear of those four green turtles. Oh, what a pity. Here I don’t wanna illustrate our so-called classic cartoons one after one. Transformers, as my favorite cartoon, brought too much happiness and impulse. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Megatron and Barricade etc. I believe that I will not forget any of them even though I am an old man. Now whenever, I can still recall the scene that I imagined I were the strong, heroic and sexy Optimus Prime, fighting for peace and justice with Megatron. At that time I liked to shout, “Transform! Autobots” , imitating the Prime to order and considering it so cool. You know that we took turns to act Optimus Prime that maybe you would lead everyone every two or three weeks. Oh, sorry. I mentioned that I saw a yellow Beatles. Why it elicit those memory is because that I like Bumblebee best besides our Prime, who was a little kind, smart and brave autobot, with the archetype of a 1970’s yellow Volkswagen Beatles. Though with time and technology flying, the appearance of Beatles has changed so much to more modern. But its spirits stays. That is a feeling only really Transformers fans can touch at first spot.

  I miss my childhood suddenly, missing my toy Bumblebee which was a yellow Volkswagen Beatles. Maybe I will say something about my toy Transformers next time. Since the bus had arrived at Eton hall, I had to wake up.

  In the end, I am extremely looking forward to watch the Transformers 2 the revenge of the fallen in 24th June, which I live on this year.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Xinyu. I enjoyed reading your blog entry very much. It's interesting how certain things trigger off our memories, and then we realise how precious those moments in the past are to us. I had my favourite cartoons too, and some of them are still around! And yes, I think the yellow Beetle is an icon of the twentieth century. My father had an old yellow Beetle which my eldest son loved, and he was so sad when my dad sold it off one day . . . The new Beetle is more sleek, but I still think the original Beetle is more distinctive. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete