Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Summary of My English Bridging Course

Time flies! There is less than a month left before the end of our English bridging course. During the bridging course we studied together and played with one another. I still remembered the treasured time when we had fun together. Then I would like to have a summary of the whole bridging course.
I still remembered the depressed expression when we got a very low mark of our essays, reading comprehensions and progress tests. To tell the true, my vocabulary did not improve as much as what I had expected at the beginning of the course. Maybe I did not strive as much as possible. I was a little lazy as I did not attach enough significance to the English course. I should have a total enhancement in my English, including spoken, written, reading and listening English. But the initial goal has not come true actually. I am regretting that I have not done as planned recently. So only by later efforts can I improve my level of English. That is the biggest pity of the bridging course. In my opinion, it is our own responsibility to study well in our university as nobody monitors our any longer. We should control ourselves to lessen our time on the interesting computer games and wonderful movies so that we can save some time on our study.
However, the bridging course brought me some improvement in my English. As every day our tutors talked with us in English and revised our essays patiently, our oral English and written English were enhanced relatively. I can speak English more fluently than before and have thoughts in the English way when writing an essay. Also I can have some simple dialogues with the locals easily as we practised our oral English every day. That is what I was gratified with during the whole course.
In total, I am not so content with my performance during my English bridging course. I need more efforts in the following time. I must get rid of the bad habits such as sleeping lately and killing time. So I should concentrate on my study and health.

4 comments:

  1. yes, the course will be finished. I think I hvae gained a lot and so as all the classmates. at the same time, we will start our real study in NUS, hope all of us have a bright future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It encourages me to know that you feel that you can now express yourself more fluently in English: I think you've improved too! And that you can now think, at least partly in English, makes a big difference too. As for the other aspects, it's still not too late to do something about it. You could work on your vocabulary by reading articles from good sources like The National Geographic online. Since all of you like going online, use the time purposefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just found out so many people write about the coming end of our bridging course...hehe~ don't be sad la~ we can easily meet each other in NUS. And, I believe we have more or less learned something from our bridging course and will definitely do better in the future. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be frustrated! Ms. Khoo is right - continue to work on the language - it is never too late. Mastering a language takes time. Take small steps at a time, and you will see improvements very soon!

    ReplyDelete