Friday, May 1, 2009

Science Center—a miraculous place

Last Thursday we went to the Science Center. When I went into it, so cool! It is a place full of miracles. To me, the principles behind these magic phenomena are easy to understand. What confused me are the complex English and the complex pathways.
First we went to see the 3D movie. Actually, I played 3D games before, but 3D movie is the first time for me. The feeling is so true that I felt that I was flying. The movie showed an ancient sea creature’s life (if my listening English is not so bad). Because the surroundings are so dark and quiet, some students fell asleep. ^-^ After it, we went to see the exhibitions. There are elaborations about planets, the moon and the sun.
After that, we went to another big room which I was interested in. a lot of physics phenomena can be seen. Others use the visuals’ weaknesses to make some very magic surface phenomena. After it, we went back to our Eton Hall.
Last Thursday is a very meaningful and happy day. This learning journey is much better than last one because it was not raining all day long and we had things to do all the way. This let me remind my childhood. When I was young, I was interested in all kinds of strange phenomena, such as how the wind is formed and why the evolution let human beings rather than other animals control the world. As time goes by, some problems I have solved but some still remain unknown.
Although this learning journey does not require us to write a journal, I think I should write a short blog to remind me of this meaningful journey. Frankly speaking, I would like to have more journeys like this one and enjoy my life in Singapore.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you enjoyed your learning journey 2. I wasn't very sure whether you would like the place as we usually bring our primary and secondary school students there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...the only problem about our second learning journey is that when I see people around us are mostly primary school students, I didn't feel so good...
    Apart from that, the 3D movie is good.^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ning Chao,

    I'm really glad that you found the trip meaningful. I think that although most of you are good in science, the Science Centre is still an interesting place where you can still learn new things. I enjoyed going there with your class too!

    ReplyDelete