Sunday, May 31, 2009

WAR

My view upon war is always changing. Sometimes I think it is bloody and inhuman. We human are so stupid that we kill each other. But sometimes I persuade myself to look upon war calmly since war is inevitable and necessary. There is no substitute for war. Hence, my attitude towards war is swaying between to extremes.
Recently, I read the famous book Mao’s quotations. In his theory, with the developing of the society, there will be some barriers. We need to overcome these barriers through war and then we can develop again. I support his idea. Although it sound sad, but there are some issues that we can not resolve but using the power of war. Jimmy carter said that “War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good.” I can not imagine what will happen if we have another war in the future. it must be more horrible. Just as Einstein said, “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones.” There will be a disaster. However, chairman Mao once said, it is impossible to have nuclear war.
I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment