Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Coming Recess

The recess week is just around the corner now, which means half of our bridging course is coming to the end soon. Time flies, we have been here for more than three months. It is time for us to make a summary for the last three months. For me, I think these three months is really meaningful. I have learned much both on study and other aspects. Personally I perceive that I have grown up much in this short period.
Though the bridging course seems a bit boring sometimes, you can really gain much new knowledge if you dedicate enough time in studying. I think all my classmates have made great progress in their English, some of them have expand their vocabulary, some of them can speak English much better than they used to. For me, I think maybe the listening ability and writing ability has been improved during this period. As for spoken English, I think I still feel a little shy and nervous especially when I speak English to crowd. Besides English, we also learn math and C programming. So far, the math has been easy, what we are learning has been taught in China. However, C programming seems a big challenge for me, because I do not even have the basic knowledge of computer. Computer for me is only a tool for entertainment before. Generally speaking, the life can be quite easy if you do not aim at chasing too much from the bridging course. However, we cannot be too decadent; more or less we should gain something from the course. Sometimes I really feel guilty when I waste time.
Apart from study, I experience another type of life in Singapore. I have learned to be independent, learn to live without parents. At the beginning, I cannot get used to this and I always suffer from homesickness. However, the support from my parents and friends encourages me to try my best to accommodate to the new life. And basically I make call to my parents every day. Now I have felt much better. In NUS we have gotten acquainted with a lot of seniors. They helped us much during this period. They showed us around Singapore, they treated us to hotpot; they organized us to celebrate the Spring Festival. We are really grateful to most of them. Besides, I learn much from some seniors.
After recess, we will enter the next session of bridging course; there are still many things in store for us. We will choose the majors, we will learn economics, and we will take many examinations. So the life will be busy and diverse. What is more, the day to go back home is near step by step. What we need do next is to balance study and entertainment, and enjoy everything new to you.

7 comments:

  1. oh...bridging course...it seems that i made little progress, so said... i do feel guilty after waisting so much time. i think i should work harder in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, it is really hard for us to arrange our time. I often regret for wasting a lot of time on the meaningless things. I think what I really learned from phrase one is how to control myself and how to take care of myself. This is the first time for me to leave home and come to a totally new place. Far away from the family, it is time for us to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from your words ,you live a happy life here.wish you happy .And what is the most important is that you know your goal .wish you lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed you often appeared rather shy in class. Try to muster up your courage to speak and participate more - I'd really love to hear from you more often in class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to know that you've gotten over the homesickness and have settled down well now. It's good that you have seniors to show you around and help you to adjust to life here. I think you're making good progress; certainly you're attentive in class and you put in good effort in your writing. As Miss Lim said, do speak up in class when you have ideas to contribute. We are all willing to hear you out!

    ReplyDelete