Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A happy birthday

Last Wednesday was my birthday. I was very happy that day. Because I received the best gifts I had received. It was not a material one, it was a spiritual one. And I want to thank all my classmates and schoolmates. Thank you, it was you that let me know the happiness of life. Thank you, it was you that let me know that giving is an important matter in one’s life. I think it is essential to note it down and laud my friends.
That afternoon, my group members sang the Happy Birthday song to me. I was moving. I want to express my thanks again, because sometimes I feel we are very solidarity. We may gossip others or “bully” others in our own group, but we are very unanimous when necessary. What I want to say specially is that I want to thank our tutor, Ms. Lim. She is a very optimistic and generous person and what I want to highlighted is that her cake is very delicious. Hum, very delicious.
When I came back to Eton Hall, a little bird told me that a surprise would be given to me. I was excited and as a result, I ate a lot instant noodles to release my nervous. Then my cell phone rang as a sign of call me down to canteen. When I came, everyone clapped and smiled. When I sat down, the 6 boys of our former university sang the famous song “Friends” to me as present. Then everyone said to me. The boys were focused on the girlfriends I had and it was funny. Some suggested I should have more but others said that one is OK. I think they were joking and it let the party more vivid. Then all the girls spoke to me. Their words are very useful and helpful. Some pointed my weaknesses and shortcomings. Some encouraged me to study harder and do not afraid the obstacles I may meet in my future life. Then we ate our meals, during our eating time we talked a lot and I really had a good time.
In the night I thought a lot about the concept of birthday. In my opinion it is not only a time to celebrate it, but also a time to rethink your life. Still these questions: How great is the disparity between what I have accomplished and what I can accomplish? Am I spending my time properly or am I involved in things that distract me from my higher calling? How can I strength the thread that connects my outer life and my inner life? I asked myself and I knew that I was not did my best to study and I still had a space to improve. All in all, I had a happy and meaningful birthday in Singapore.

7 comments:

  1. Wish you enjoy youself and be happy everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. friends are always there for you.Having a lot of friends is the greatest thing in the world .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always consider birthday to be a meaningful day for everyone,you are lucky to enjoy a warm birthday with lots of friends around you.Cherish the friends around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes and happy birthday!May you succeed in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had an enjoyable birthday celebration in Singapore!

    All the best for 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really envy that you have had such a wonderful birthday
    best wishes for you!

    ReplyDelete