Monday, March 30, 2009

The Review on Recess

As time slips by, our recess comes to the end. The recess is really much shorter than it seems to be. It has ended even before I completely relished the relaxation of the vacation. Many things planned to be done during the recess have not been accomplished yet, the responsibility of which totally lies with my laziness. During the recess, when I get up in the late morning, the first idea coming to my mind is where to go and eat. The consequence is all my roommates said I have become fatter only after a recess. What upsets me more is when I made visual conversation on-line with my grandparents, the first sentence they said was “you looked much fatter now.” It seems that I should make my mind to lose weight right now, and take action in the earnest this time, or else they will not be able to recognize me after I go home. Nowadays every time referring to losing weight, I feel so stressful and upset. It is too difficult for me to defend the lure of the tasty food. However, there are so many kinds of food coming from different countries here waiting me to explore. What can I do? Maybe I should book the ticket to go home as soon as possible, so that I will have an incentive to lose weight. As for going back home after the bridging course, I still have some concerns about whether we will encounter much trouble after we come back to Singapore again. However, every time I think of the happy scene that all the family members reunite and the delicious food I have missed all the time, I determine to go home right after the QET test. No matter what consequence is in store for me, it is worth taking the risk to going home.
The next session of the bridging course begins now; I think it will be much more meaningful and interesting. We will do our own project in a group which will last for the whole session. I think it a good way to build the team-work spirit and have a deeper interaction with the team members. I really expect the project activity in this session. Apart from this, we will choose our major soon. It is rather complex to choose a major fit me. It seems that the more information we get about the majors, the more confuse we are. The life in NUS seem not as easy as I think before, instead it seems far more stressful than it is in China, since the education principle here is so different from that in China. No matter the CCA system or the cores system is so complicated to manage. However, I still look forward to moving into NUS in this summer. I believe we will have a wonderful university life in NUS.
So just be expectant to the coming days. It will not be long that we can go home; it will not be long that we can enjoy the real university life; it will not be long that we can embrace the promising future.

2 comments:

  1. you reflect what you did during the recess.i really admire you have such a good habit.no matter what you do ,you know whatis your porpuse good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Bowen, I've not really noticed the difference in your weight. Don't be too conscious, as our weight tends to go up and down. How have you found working on the project so far? I think there were times when you found it rather frustrating, but I hope you have also learnt from it.
    Don't worry about your life in NUS; as long as you are consistent in your work, and balance your activities and studies well, you will be alright. Maybe you might feel somewhat disoriented in the first semester, but things usually improve after that.

    ReplyDelete