Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To analysis myself after DISC workshop

I never trusted any form of psychology tests, for I believe nobody would know me better than I do. But as the DISC workshop is compulsory and I can go to NTU to meet my friends there, I was not too reluctant to go.
After a brief opening, we were introduced to answer a series of questions. What was quite interesting was that after checking our answers, we were able to draw a graph indicating our characters. To my amusement, the result showed that my image shown to others was exactly the same as the one in my subconscious. This, as explained in the material, is good and showed that I have high self-awareness. And just like I had expected, I am typically a thinker.
It can be a good thing in that I do not quite have to worry about my study. In fact, I am a perfectionist to a stage where I can not stand myself making a tiny mistake. I am always aggressive and competitive. Whatever accomplishment others strike, it will arose great envy from the bottom of my heart. It spurs me to work hard and achieve the same, or even better. My scores in recent tests may be good in someone’s eyes, but they fade next to the effort I have put into it. I am so afraid to lose, so I just push myself forward again and again. The wounds caused by my failures before never recover, they just run deep. Whenever I want to have a rest, they remind me of the pain I have suffered. I still could recall the sorrow I experienced after the college entrance examination. It is not because I couldn’t enter my dream university, but I didn’t keep up to the end and try my best.
The most vital weakness shown in the test is I can not successfully communicate with people. I have to say that I do not have the eagerness to talk to others. And I tend to have prejudice over someone I dislike. When you first meet me, you are most likely to feel I am a proud and hostile man, even if the fact may not be like that. I have suffered from this weakness for a long time. However, my devil is so deeply routed that every time I failed within a couple of days after I made up my mind to make a change. I am rational almost all the time. But I turned totally idiot when I am working with myself.
Till now I came to believe every one has his own limit. I used to suppose that I can do anything. But there are times I am confused, times when I could not see my light tower and go the same circle again and again.
The most difficult battle is the one against ourselves. It’s like using a knife to cut down the rotten part in our body, pain but meaningful. It is the only way for us to live on, and is a necessary step to reach manhood.

6 comments:

  1. Good analysis about yourself. I believe you can achieve every goal you set and have a bight future. Your failure in the past can never stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree what you said. Although we may not believe this kind of psychology test, it has its own merit.This test can let you recognize yourself better to some extent. Failure is not fearful, what matters is that whether you have the courage to overcome it. And I think you have done a good job. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are a noce man who are easy-going and methodical.You do not need to force yourself to change if the convertion will not make you happier.Try your best to fulfill your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unlike you, my result of the DISC workshop really surprised me, because all the three graphs of mine are quite different. And also unlike you, I tend to trust all the psychology tests, although sometimes the result is unbelievable. Because I think all the result you get is according to your own choices, it is a reflection of your inner heart. After reading your blog, I find that we two are such different persons. I am easy to be satisfied and never put so much effort in doing almost everything, but you are a perfectionist. I do not want to make any comment of the difference between us. What I want to say is that everyone is ordinary. If the God also lives among us, I am sure he will make mistakes as well, so do not make yourself so stressful. Just try your best and then the result is not that important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing so honestly, Yiping. I think that you are right that often, the greatest battle is the one we wage within ourselves, because in truth, we know our own weaknesses better than others. Thus, it's all too easy for us to either be too harsh on ourselves, or conversely, to make excuses for ourselves. The fact that you recognise this is already in itself a big step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FREE ONLINE DISC TEST: http://www.yiiway.com/ydisc/

    ReplyDelete