Tuesday, March 3, 2009

To be continue

Last time when I did my oral report, I shared with all my classmates something unbelievable in the world, at last I said that next time I would continue but I thought I didn’t have time to do so, so I write the blog to continue.(some old ones included)
Cockroach can survive ten days without its head.
Pigs can not look up to the sky.
Elephants can not jump.
Snails can sleep as long as three years.
All polar bears are left-handers.
Crocodile van not pit out its tongue.
Da Vinci invented the scissors.
One of Marilyn Monroe’s feet has six toes.
Adolf Hitler’s mother once thought about abortion ,but advised not to do so by the doctor.
Da Vinci can use one hand to write and at the same time use the other hand to draw.
It took Da Vinci ten years to draw the lips id the Mona Lisa.
Forty pounds of skin comes off a person in his life.
A baby has three hundred pieces of bone when he was born , but adult only has two hundred and six.
If all the Chinese people go past you in a queue, because of the high birth rate, the queue will have no end.
Male have better eyesight than female, but female have better hearing.
The size of our eyes is the same as when we were born, but the nose and ears keep growing.
How long is the limit of us to stay awake? 10 days.
The youngest parents in history were a couple id Chinese children in1910.
“dreamt” is the unique word which ends up by “mt”.
“bookkeeper” is the only word which has 3 couples of the same letters.
There are 315 spelling mistake in the 1996’s Webster dictionary.
The mist common name in the world is Mohammed.
The longest name of a place is “Taumatawhakatangihangaoauauotameteaturi- ukakpikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu” a foothill in New Zealand.



Then if you want to know more ,we can surf the internet and share!

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting things! I don't know these things until I saw your blog. It was also helpful and know more about the world( especially the story about Adolf Hitler). In my opinion , these great things(or we can say them miracles)are like "Mars" to satisfy our curiosity. Hope more interesting things come out from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it won't be long before Luan Bo comes out with more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really was one very interesting presentation =) I believe...although if I recall correctly, hmmm, did one of my student from another group presented something similar as well???

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really interesting things. I knew that a pig cannot look at the sky, but I have never heard that a cockroach can survive ten days without its head. It is really a little bit horrible, isn’t it? Anyway, I really feel happy that I can have a chance to know these interesting things. I also know an interesting saying and I’d like to share with you. A person cannot lick his or her elbow with his or her own tongue. Do you know it? If you do not believe it, you can have a try by yourself.

    ReplyDelete