Monday, March 16, 2009

The NUS open house

Last weekend NUS held an open house to provide an opportunity to let students know the university thoroughly. Almost every one of us has gone there in the weekends. Some got few advertisements and listened to a lot of the introductions, while others harvest a lot of gifts. Though some one was not interested in gifts at all, there were still someone who wanted to get something but find nothing to take. That’s what I would like to share with you: One sentence may get you more.

                            

Now there is a beautiful and well designed electronic clock on my desk. It’s a souvenir from the Eusoff Hall. The first time I saw this clock was in front of the TV of the Eusoff Hall’s show table. I never thought about having it because there were only five of them lied on the table. To my surprise SunYangxiao who came to the open house with me asked a question to the student who worked at the show table.

“Is this a souvenir?”

How dare he ask such a question!

However the student said yes to the question without hesitation. As we were about to take the clock on the table, the student took out some new clocks for us. Finally each of us got an electronic clock from Eusoff Hall.

Sometime we lose or miss opportunities only because we were lazy or shy to ask one more question. So next time when you came across with something you really wanted, just ask more. The chance is always in your hand.

5 comments:

  1. Woo, you've got so many souvenirs. I also went there on saturday, but I didn't get so many things. Maybe that's because I missed the opportunity... hah I think that, next time, I should ask for what I want. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire SunYangXiao and his great spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Brother Qiang! I have to appreciate your great ability of gaining valuable resources in such a limited time, which is taught in ISE (Industrial & System Engineering) but you have learnt it in advance all by yourself! However, when I entered the entrance of NUS OPENHOUSE, one of the volunteers gave me a blue bag full of materials and a pencilbag, I was a bit excited and after I went to Hall 5, I was given a “HELLO!SINGTEL” bag with a dairy book and 2 cosmetics, which really puzzled me that I would never use them, just then I happened to see WangWeibin and delivered them to her. She showed a satisfied face to me and I went off. At last I found I got so few souvenirs when I counted. But I harvested a “full” day, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you certainly had a fruitful day on the NUS Open House! It's interesting how all of us like freebies!

    ReplyDelete