Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A THOUSAND YEARS LATER? NOW!

“Because a thousand years later, I have passed away long, I cannot hold your hands and kiss on your forehead deeply any more…”
This song is “A thousand years later” by JJ Lim, which is a bit out of fashion now, but currently I pick it up and listen again and again without feeling bored. It is all because of the scientific article I happened to see one day about The End of the World. It says that ancient Mayas have accurately predicted the four calamities for civilization of human beings. And the fifth calamity is coming in several years in which human beings will die out in the similar way they were in. Its description is quite realistic and rather horrible to me. After that I went out and wandered, I fell into silence for quite a long while just wondering what I shall do or what I can do if it were true.
I think sometimes we human beings are quite weak to fight against the nature. Just like the huge earthquake happened in Sichuan last year; thousands of people lost their lives in it, what is worse, many people who survived haven’t or they will never come out of the great pain of losing their loved ones. It is too late before they can express out their love to their loved ones, and then their loved ones have gone forever. How sad it is!
Fortunately at the end of the song, JJ Lim tells us to never wait until 1000 years later, for you are forgotten by the whole world and you are forever alone then. So do it now!
So I phoned my parents, my grandma, my friends and told them how much I love them after that. Because I want to treasure every second now and make every single second a quality second!

2 comments:

  1. what a big surprise to me when i saw the last paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really putting thoughts into action! I'm sure your family and friends must have been very happy to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete