Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Horrible Experience on Saturday

Yesterday was such a busy day. In the morning, my roommate from group 7 and I went to the NUS Open House. At first, we did spend quite a little time to find the place.
The NUS Open House is a two-day activity which opens to all the whole country introducing the academic life and the students’ activities in NUS. A lot of local students and their parents took part in the show, as well as us Sm3 and Sm2 scholars. In the Open House, we can find any information we what from the seniors and the professors. The seniors were really enthusiastic. They talked with us and introduced the information about the Hall life to us. The professors there were also very enthusiastic. They solved our problems with great patience. What was more, we also got a lot of gifts from the show, such as notebooks, bags and even a bottle of shower cream. That is quite interesting.
In the afternoon, we went to the IT show near the city hall. It was really a frustrating journey. I cannot imagine why there were so many people. At one time I felt as if I were back in China. It seems as if IT show takes place every ten years. As soon as we came out of the MRT station, we could not walk fast any more. What we could do was just following the person right front of us. The things sold in the show were not that cheap as we thought, but we did find the things we wanted. I bought a netbook made by ASUS. I was really excited about that.
Anyway, it was a busy but happy Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. it seems that many of us have had a similar saturday,haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why was it horrible? Are you being ironic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I supposed the crowd must have 'frightened' you quite a bit, hahaha. I wanted to go to the IT show, but finally decided against it...the thought of squeezing my way through the thick crowd of people is very daunting indeed!

    ReplyDelete