Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Frustrated Weather

It is always raining these days in Singapore. Maybe because I am from the northern part of China, I have seldom come across such big rains and it was also the first time for me to see the sun and the big rain appeared at the same time. It is really frustrated that when you were going back to hostel but suddenly a thunder came and you got stuck in the faculty or the library. What is more frustrated, in most cases it was extremely sunny before the heavy rain came all of a sudden. In case of this, now whenever I go outdoors, the three necessities are my purse, the EZ-link and an umbrella and never trust the big sun hanging in the sky. In fact, in such a big rain, even though you got an umbrella, when you got back home, you will be no doubt wet from the inside to surface.
I think everyone must have heard the news about the Merlion. Last Saturday, the statue was struck by lightening. One ear dropped and the lower part of the statue was also slight damaged by the fragment while falling down. The scary thunder did make quite a few people feel nervous, especially people like us who had seldom experienced this before. People begin to discuss whether there should be a lightning rod on the top of the Merlion. Imagine this. That is quite interesting that the Merlion with a lightning rod looks just like an Antenna Baby, quite funny.
Anyway, it will take me some time to get adapted to the frustrating weather here in Singapore and I think it is not that difficult for me

2 comments:

  1. The rain, in my opinion, is quite cool. Because it can bring us the cool weather and fresh our soul. However, the thunder and the lightning are a little terrible and horrible. Maybe we can strengen our weak courage, especially girls' courage! Just for a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this may sound strange, you know, but I like the rain. Of course, I don't want it to rain all the time because I like to go to the park in the evenings. But somehow, the rain often makes me feel happy. What I often wish I could do on rainy days is to make myself a nice hot cup of milk tea and curl up somewhere unditurbed with a good book to read. Sadly, the rain and my being so absolutely free as to have time to read a book undisturbed seldom occur together . . .

    ReplyDelete