Monday, March 16, 2009

The Time I Spent in BeiHang

I really like the time I spent in my home university, which is called Beihang University. Every day I was full of energy and not sleepy at all. My routine was planed fully and I was busy but not tired. My mind was full of hope and optimism. Although there were many setbacks and false starts, I told myself not to complain too much but to make my university life colorful, meaningful and enjoyable.
So I took an active part in activities I interested in. I applied many departments of student union and had interviews of them. Eventually I passed some interviews and I chose one department preparing to dedicate my time to it.
I also applied for joining in some student societies. I wanted to use my spare time to develop my hobbies in these societies.
I made a lot of friends and I was willing to communicate with peoples.
I got up early in the morning and did some exercise like jogging so that I had a high pace in every day. no matter what I was doing, I did it efficiently.
I tried to help others and I kept taking hot water for my roommates from the hot water room to my dormitory every day.
But the most important thing is still studying. Whenever I had time, I would go to library or study room to broaden my horizon and knowledge.
When I heard of this program which now I am in, I prepared for the exam and at the same time I went to have lecture and did homework. The night before the exam, I went to watch a national hip hop dance which held in our school and I had the exam on the next day. And I passed, of course.
But alas, now I am so weary and weak without any goal or ambition. I am wondering , wondering about everything.

6 comments:

  1. BeiHang owns a quite different style among other universities in Beijing. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, our great President ZhaoKun, I really admire your experience in Beihang university, very various, colorful and meaningful. And you mentioned you were admitted by several students union, which was quite an approval for your outstanding performances! I feel a little regretful for I went home immediately after I was admitted by Singapore and I didn’t experience such colorful life in my former university like you. However, most of us share same feeling with you that our daily life seems boring and never meaningful like our senior middle school time. But I believe it won’t last long because life is colorful indeed but we haven’t discovered it, right? In addition, I like your “And I passed, of course.” Wish your life better with your confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is just a passing phase I hope.

    Understand that learning a language takes time, and this is exactly what you are doing now - taking time to 'internalize' the English language, mastering it so that it becomes second nature to use it accurately and freely, and also picking up useful techniques, tips and skills along the way. All these will come in very handy when you become a full-time NUS student.

    Understandably the process is weary, but you will learn to appreciate this initial six months =)

    ReplyDelete