Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Review of First Oral Presentation

Our first Oral Presentation had taken place last Wednesday morning. It was really exciting morning. All the friends showed their PowerPoint and gave wonderful speeches to Dr. Zhu and all the classmates.
Our monitor, Du Fang’s topic was a little similar with mine, love. I really love the pictures in his PowerPoint. They really showed the deep friendship among Du Fang and his friends. It was quite interesting that Xin Yu and Hao Qiang both showed something about the founder of the Apple Company. They two were from the same former University, Jilin University and the two persons they shared with us were partners at the beginning of their careers. It was no surprised at all that Hai Yuan talked something about bodybuilding. To tell the truth, it would be strange, if he did not choose that topic, but in my own opinion, I do not like bodybuilding at all, as well as the bodybuilders. Yi Ping talked about really an abstruse philosophy just like usual. Sometimes, we may find that these philosophies are really useful and helpful for us to reach our dreams. Lin Xue also gave us some new knowledge about culture during her Presentation. Many friends shared something about food to us. Bo Wen chose chocolate. The beautiful really made my mouth water, so did the northeast food shared by Luan Bo. If I get a chance to go to the northeast part of China, I hope I can try everything showed on the pictures. Zhang Jiao talked about vegetarianism, but he is not a vegetarian. That is quite interesting. Wei Bin’s topic was about snacks. What I want to say is that she did make progress in her spoken English and her pronunciation has improved a lot. I really do not want to make any comment about Wang Chao’s Oral Presentation. He shared something about food safety. The pictures showed in the PowerPoint did make me uncomfortable, so I chose to eat only vegetables that noon. Xi Xian talked something triggered by the movie we watched together. She was really calm that day and really did a good job. Wu Bo talked about learning strategies. She was quite cute that she stood straight and put her arms behind her back just like a pupil. Zhen Lei really loves his hometown. He had already shared a lot about Shanghai in his Oral Report. In his Oral Presentation, he let us know more about the coming EXPO in Shanghai, 2010. I cannot agree more at Mi Yang’s topic. A person having a lot of friends sometimes can be much wealthier than a person have a lot of money. I am not fond of computing, but Ning Chao’s presentation really made me want to try that software and know the feeling of shutting off my computer without getting up from my bed. Zhou Bin was really tricky. His story almost made me burst into tears, but suddenly the beloved one turned a dog. Oh, my God. Zhao Kun, the youngest guy in group, is really a good lecturer. He had passion and he was also very relaxed just like Obama. Yuan Yi shared something about dogs with us. Everyone knows that I love dogs and I was quite excited when I saw her topic. She said her favorite dog was Chihuahua, while my favorite dog is Chow Chow. Qiao Liang’s topic was the one I most interested in. He shares her sister’s wedding ceremony with us. Qiao Liang really has a beautiful sister and a happy family.
For me, I did feel nervous that morning, especially when Ling Xue was giving her presentation in front of us, because I was the very next person. Fortunately, I felt relaxed as soon as I stood in front of the screen and saw everyone was looking at me. When heard Dr. Zhu said, “very good”, I was really inspired. The whole weekend spent in the library was not wasted. In addition, I really appreciated the attention and reaction I got from all the classmates. Thank you very much.
I know that we will have our second Oral Presentation in Phase Two. I wish everyone will do a better job!

3 comments:

  1. Good summary, thanks I was really curious about how the class fared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prepared my presentation a week earlier than Xinyu! However it's a great opportunity for everyone to get to know the history of apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! First I have to appreciate your brilliant ability of summarizing from the bottom of my heart!
    Yes! Du Fang was always the very first one, and he really did a good job.
    Next was Fan Xinyu, he was as confident and calm as usual.
    Besides, Jiang Haiyuan, Jin Yiping Wu Lingxue, Qiao Liang and your excellent oral performances really made me more nervous. Wang Chao’s materials really annoyed us but his performance was also good. And it was very quick for my turn, I tried to perform as calmly as I could but I couldn’t do that. After I finished I really couldn’t remember any point of my presentation. Additionally I thought I was lacked some movements that I stood there just like a wooden stick.
    In all everyone did a good job and I try to bring in others’ advantages to make me improve. I also long for the next presentation, and hope everyone perform better.

    ReplyDelete