Saturday, March 14, 2009

Open House Experience

Today, I go to the open house for some advice on the major that we are going to choose in the near future.
Today is very hot, but the weather didn’t discourage us from asking the advice, for it is very important to our future life in NUS.
At first, we went to Hall 1 to listen to a lecture given by the Science faculty. Although I don’t want to enter the science faculty, I listened for a while to know some things about it. And after finishing the lecture, I make up my mind that I won’t choose Science as my major.
The next lecture is about the engineering. And I listened to the lecture very carefully, because I most probably choose engineering as my major. The lecture was not very long, but it left a very deep impression on me. As a boy, it is better for me to choose engineering because it is more logical and practical, and it is also a big challenge for me.
When the science and engineering lecture was over, we didn’t stay there for the next lecture for it was about administration, and of course we can’t choose it as a SM3 student, so we went to the second floor to ask for advice on different majors. Through the conversation, I knew different engineering majors in more detail, and different programs and opportunities offered in respective majors. By the way, the conversation also practiced my oral English, so it was really a precious experience.
In the near future, or maybe in just three weeks’ time, we are going to decide our own future prospect. So I wish that every one could make their dreams come true.

2 comments:

  1. hehe, I appreciate this one. I went to the open house, twice two days. we got a lot of presents...... and a lot of major information. I found that NUS is so rich...... and wish you can choose what you really like and suitable to you. i think that's the most important.
    by the way, have you decide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still confused about what major should I choose!!:-(

    ReplyDelete