Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Being a University Leader

It's a tough job,really.
I've never led others before,as a result,I'm good at being led,rather than leading.Then,it happened,in a weird situation,just by chance.
It was last september,after submiting the application for the SM3 scholarship,our teacher who was in charge of this scholarship needed a group leader to help him.On the top of the name list,it was me.The names were listed by our own faculty,major and class(maybe influenced by the army,each faculty or major has its own code).For me,as a student majored in Aircraft Desgin & Engineering in the Faculty of Aeronautics,with no doubt,should be the first oneon the list.The teacher just told me to take the job,and I accepted it happily,for I'm glad to help others and there was no reason for me to refuse,and of course,I thought it was a piece of cake,it was more like some service.So it was,at first.
We took the test,we took the enterview,then,we waited for the reasult,it was really an unforgetable experience in my life.Not for a long time,the rasult came out.Luckily,I was still on the list,and still on the top.During that period,I didn't do much,actually.
As I stepped into the train to my hometown,I thought I've finnished my duty,perfectly.I was wrong,totally,and things happened later on proved it.
After enjoying a hollyday lasted for almost two months,we met again in Beijing.Then I found I was still playing the role.In the capital airport,before we check in,some parents said to me:"Since you are from the same university,please take care of my son,help each other if need be."I suddenly realized that my job was more than doing service,much more.
Without any former experience,I struggled to organize a dozen of monkeys.,and my nightmare came.
With so much free time,we of course would do some activities.Before we do,we had to decide what,when and where to do.Making a decision sometimes could quite painfull,for I always hope to make everyone satisfied.However,unfortunately,it was unlikely.A dozen of monkeys meant a dozen of ideas,a dozen of mouths,a dozen of wants.Some wanted rest while some prefer playing;some went fast while some were still wandering far behind;some tried to go one place while some hoped to another one.In many cases,we had only one choice and should not be seperated.So many ideas,so many advices,so many voices arounded me,it really struck me insane.Sometimes I tried to make our group united,act together,however,hardly can they follow exactly as I expexted,so many times,I felt so upset and frustrated.But after our performence on the day before lunar new year eve,I became hopeful,though I still didn't do well,I realized I made one goal:our group was becoming more and more united!
At that night,I felt so happy that I could be with these lovely monkeys!

1 comment: