Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life Together

Long time ago,I heard a moving story about love,the name of which is Life Together.It tells a story of an old couple around the age of 70.One fine day,they walks into a lawyer's office to file a divorce.The lawyer was very puzzled,after a chat with them,he got their story...This couple had been quarreling all their 40 years of marriage and nothing ever seems to go right.Like many unhappy couples,they hang on because of their children.Now,all their children have already grown up,live their own life,there's nothing to worry about,all they wanted is to get rid of all these years' unhappiness from their marriage,so both agree on a divorce...

Things may seem quite normal as there're more and more couples get divorced to end up their wrong marriage.But there're indeed something different,in this case,as they wanna break up after 40 years of marriage.What's wrong with their living together?In order to get the answer and help the old couple,the lawyer suggested a dinner together.At the dining table,there was an awkward silence.The first dish was roasted chicken.Immediately,the old man took the drumstick for the old lady,"Take this,it's your favourite."Looking at this,you maybe think there's still a chance.But the wife was frowning when she answered,"This is always the problem;you always think so highly of yourself and never thought about how I feel.Don't you know that I hate drumsticks?"

That night,both of them couldn't sleep.The old man couldn't take it anymore;he knows that he still loves her and he couldn't carry on life without her.He wants her back;he wants to tell her,he is sorry;he wants to tell her,"I love you."So,he picks up the phone and dialed her number.Though there's no response,he never stops dialing...She knows that It is he who is calling.She refuse to answer;she loves him a lot,but she can't take it anymore.Little did she remember,he had heart problems...

The next day,she received news that he had passed away.She was sad but still had to take care of his belongings.There,she found an insurance dated from the day they got married.The beneficiary is her.Together in those files,there was this note,"To my dearest wife, by the time you're reading this, I'm sure I'm no longer around, I bought this policy for you, though the amount is only $100k, I hope it will be able to help me continue my promise that i have made when we got married, I might not be around anymore, I want this amount of money to continue taking care of you, just like the way I will if I could have live longer. I want you to know Iwill always be around, by your side... I love you"

Tears flowed like a river...

I have a complex feeling after reading this story.Why a couple who love each other finally end up with a divorce?What on earth is the meaning of love if it can't bring happiness?In fact,it is not love or not that matters in the story;it's about how to express your love.Love doesn't always brings happiness.Vice versa,happy marriage needs more than love.You should care more about the feeling of the one you love and respect him or her.If you love him or her,let he or she know before it is too late.Do not let such pity come again.


If you want more information about this story,click here.

           http://sgforums.com/forums/2822/topics/292228

1 comment: