Tuesday, January 27, 2009

* Rhinoceros in love

I’m very glad to see this drama because I’m not only fond of dramas but also interested in acting and writing scripts. I performed in many role plays and once won a first with my classmates. As soon as I heard the name of this play I’m sure that this drama is a modern one. Because this kind of drama is too expensive in China, so I haven’t got a chance to see it.
The story was a love story about a man called Malu fall in love with a woman named Mingming. Malu loved Mingming so much that he can do anything for her. But Mingming can’t forget his former boyfriend who treated her bad and abandoned her. On the other hand Malu’s friends considered him stubborn and crazy because he was doing something impossible. Finally under the pressure from Mingming and his friends, Malu kidnapped Mingming and killed the Rhinoceros he raised in the zoo.
I felt sorry for Malu because he’s not happy to face his life and he can’t see himself clearly. Although this is a sad story, it still taught me a lot. We shouldn’t be too stubborn like Malu when we do things. There is always a place for the both side. If you do things only under your personal thoughts, it won’t be comfortable for both sides. So we should learn to resign what we really can’t accomplish. Just like an old saying “do not hang yourself to death on the same tree.” What’s more, we should do what we prefer and never force ourselves. Malu felt painful because he forced himself to make Mingming like him. His negative and depressive mood is bad for his friends and himself.
When I came back from the theater I found the original script on the Internet. After I read the original script written by Liaoyimei, I found that they erased some parts and actors. Instead, they put some new dialogues into the script. I appreciate the second scene they added into the drama which showed a guitar player continuously play his guitar no matter he got beaten or dragged away. This scene was a reflection of the play which taught us that we sometime keep doing the same thing no matter what situation we are in. On the contrary, some good parts especially the ending was changed, so that they’re not very clear to understand.
After all, the actors and actresses are perfect in performing. I ’m sure they used many time to rehearse drama. I like this drama very much and hope to join them in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't go for the drama ,but it sounds really good.drama is special.it seems unreal but very touching.

    ReplyDelete