Sunday, January 18, 2009

My New Life In Singapore

As time goes on ,I have been in singapore for about 1 month. This is actually the first time I have left from my parents. So I was overwhelmed by the homesickness when I arrived here at first. I miss my parents,miss my friends,miss everything in China. However,I can not go back to the past,since I have chosen to come here.I told myself I must learn to face the reality,everyone will grow up,and we will leave the shelter built by our parents sooner or later.What we can do is just to try your best to adapt to the surroundings.So I try hard to get used to my new life in Singapore gradually.
In Singapore,we have met many seniors from WuHan University who come here through the same project as us.They all treat us quite well,do whatever they can to help us accustom ourselves to the new life and overcome the homesickness.I sincerely appreciate what they have done for us.
Now,my bridging course has begun,and everything goes to the normal orbit,life becomes busy again.I like this kind of state,becasue it will make me have no time to miss the past and give me a chance to make new friends.I think I am really lucky to jion group 6.Because it is a harmonious group,in which every member gets along well like a big family,and you can always heard the laughter from our classroom.Having relaxed for such a long time,I find it a little difficult to concentrate myself in study.What I often consider is still what to play or where to find delicious food.So I think I should do something to get myself immersed in study as soon as possible since my fellows from WuHan University are all hard-working everyday.
To tell the truth,I do not do well in English,especially in my spoken English.Every time I speak english I will feel nervous and inconfident.I hope I would get rid of the fear and improve my spoken through the course.
Everything just begin,what is in store for me is unknown,but I am confident that I will be able to deal with everything well.The little bird has grown up,she is ready to fly up high.Come on!
At last, since the Spring Festival is around the corner,may everyone have a bright future!

3 comments:

  1. You will be so amazed by how much you improve as you work hard at your work...You'll get use to speaking English soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same feelings,but let's move on !we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're progressing along well, Bowen. You've being making efforts to express yourself in class, and you've also taken the bother to read your friends' blogs and comment on them. That's good work, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete