Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Lost My Spring Festival

Laying on the sofa andind watching the sort of boring program in the tv,so tired,sight blurred,I suddenly felt an familiar feeling.it was so warm and comfortable that I felt as if I was on the soft sofa in my grandma's home back in china.But I knew it was not real.of course, I wasn't in China but somewhere else,like Singapore.except for this sofa moment on the chinese new year eve,I didn't actually feel the atmosphere of new year.it's just the third day of new year,and at this moment in previous years we were still Having the New Year.this time,however,it's not the same.I had walked all the way from eton hall in alexandra road to city hall to search the smell I knew for years only to find no snow(of course),not many couplets,no noisy people,no sound of crackers,no pieces of fireworks,nothing.anyway,it's so different that i'd rather consider it a 4-day holiday rather than a Chinese new year...where is my Chinese new year?back in China maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I also felt bored with the cold atmosphere,and there is no where i can find as home ,so lonely ,so desolated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! You must have felt rather lonesome that day. It's hard to be away from family during such festive occasions. But it will be better next year, I think, because by then you should be able to do some of your own cooking with friends, and would be able to plan better.

    ReplyDelete