Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New experience about Chinese New Year

We have been in Singapore for about 40 days, and we have experienced a lot of new things, such as new food, new people and new culture. And the most important thing is the Spring Festival here. Although the Spring Festival here is not as grand as we do in China, we still have a good time with our seniors and schoolmates.
It was Sunday and it was our Spring Festival Eve, at about 2 o’clock we started to go to NUS, King Edward VII Hall. After we went there, our seniors have started making dumplings, certainly, we joined them. Some of us minced the meat and others chopped the vegetables. After a hard working, our juniors had a rest and the seniors cooked the dumplings. Waiting is always boring and some of us beginning to play cards, others were surfing the Internet. After an hour or so, the dumplings were cooked thoroughly. And all of us rushed out to enjoy the DIY food. Oh, it tasted good. Then, the most important thing had come. We watched the CCTV Spring Festival Gala. In my opinion, it is not as good as I expected, but some programs were really satisfied. Then we had a hotpot, and the hotpot was really delicious.
We were waiting for the New Year’s coming, and a countdown was made. When it came to 0, we all shouted and clapped. The New Year is coming, and we have welcomed a new age. We went on playing, and at about 2 o’clock we went back to our dorms. We didn’t sleep until 3 and we were excited.
On the 1st day of Chinese New Year, I made telephone calls to my family and relatives. And in my hometown the sound of the fireworks made me feel very comfortable. I love this sound, because it is deepen in my heart. My first abroad New Year is very happy, but I still feel something lost, because we don’t stay with our families and friends in China. Everything has two sides, something you gain and other things are lost. In a nutshell, I love my first abroad New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed your first Spring Festival abroad. We all feel homesick when we are first away from home, but just tell yourself that we all need to leave home and lead our own life sooner or later. I'm sure you will feel different next Spring Festival.

    ReplyDelete