Monday, January 19, 2009

My Point Of View On Selecting Major

For now,one of the biggest confusions in eton hall is about our future majors.What should we choose as our future career?I'm not clear about that either.However,it could be anything that decide your choice but not the money.First,the income you get when you get as a newly graduate is approximately the same I,g,ise and me.So,it's not wise to select your major simplely by its income.Second,to be rich doesn't mean successful.It's the value of our work that counts.We should ask "do I really like it" as to be successful,the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.Interest is very very important if you want to be happy while make a living as well.This is my first blog.Sincerely hope that it's not all nonsense and help someone a bit.

5 comments:

  1. YOu are always rational. Hope you could succeed in finding your ideal career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,it is such a difficult thing to us all,but I think choosing what we like to learn is the most important thing,so don't worry,just do ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very insightful comment, Qiao Liang. I was at this same crossroad once, but followed my heart. If in doubt, perhaps discussing with your close ones may help? You may be surprised sometimes how well they know you =)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may find you interest sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, would certainly counsel you to follow your own interest, as I feel interest will go a long way in helping you to stay motivated. It can be very hard to study something that you've been told is good or prestigious when you find that you don't really have any interest in it. I had a few friends at university who struggled during their undergraduate years because they took a major that they felt was prestigious but which they later found out they didn't really have any interest in or inclination towards. So it's good that you've started thinking about it now.

    ReplyDelete