Monday, January 19, 2009

Powerful Google

If I say someone can see anywhere of the earth, don't be amazed.
The pictures below are cut from google earth , or the eyes of the God.



















When I first used google earth, I was shocked. Because every corner of the world can be so close to me. So I strongly suggest you who have not used it to download it and experience the surprising power of the information technology.And it is free and legal to download and install it.
But I want to say what you have experienced is just a corner of the iceberg of google.
Let me show you something more amazing.
I have known a person in my former university whose name is Shang Xuequan,which in Chinese is 尚学全.Let's see how much information about him can we get from the google.
First we search his chinese name at google.cn. Now we get 71 results.
Obviously, some results have no relation with him.Now I will only quote three piece of important imformation about him.
醉晚亭资讯频道
时间:2008-11-18-20-56; 作者:罗清璟尚学全; 编辑:; 点击:. 特色团日最有意义的两次活动. 主题:母爱. --08级电气提高班宣. (一)携手小学 ...info.zuiwan.net/data/20081118/211223.shtml - 15k - 网页快照 - 类似网页
[XLS]
Sheet1
文件格式: Microsoft Excel - HTML 版153, u200811877, 尚学全, 男, 电气与电子工程, 电气工程及其自动化, 本科, 4. 154, u200811878, 鲁功强, 男, 电气与电子工程, 电气工程及其自动化, 本科, 4 ...202.114.9.3/card/2003/xssj/bk/02/1.xls - 类似网页
郧阳中学2008年高考录取榜(部分)
尚学全, 华中科技大学, 理工类, 电气工程及其自动化. 甘蹬, 华中科技大学, 理工类, 测控技术与仪器(精密. 任玉奇, 华中科技大学, 理工类, 临床医学(本硕博贯通 ...www.yyhs.net/Article/xinwen/chengguo/200808/20080820102348.html - 899k - 网页快照 - 类似网页
From the results above I can summerize the information about him now:
I.He is in the advanced class of Electrical Engineering Academy of 2008 in Huazhong University of Science and Technology.And I guess he is an important role of his class.He has a partner whose name is Luo qingqi,which in Chinese is 罗清璟.
II.His student number is U200811877.He majors in Electrical Engineering and Its Robotization.
III.He graduated from Yunyang High School.His score of the entrance college examination is 631.His hometown is Shiyan in Hubei Province.(I searched Yunyang High School and knew its location so knew his hometown.)
Enough!You can even search his name at xiaonei.com.You would probably see his photo and if you are clever enough that you cheat him to add you to his friends list,you will know his life!!!
Google can be used more than this. It is also an important tool in hacking. But time is limited today. I may tell something about it later on.

4 comments:

  1. Zhou Bin, a very interesting post. Indeed, whether the Internet is a boon or a bane depends very much on the user's intentions. A very interesting topic which we could further explore in class if time permits.

    ReplyDelete