Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A complaint letter

Dear Ms. Yang,
I am this year’s SM3 student from China, presently staying in Eton Hall. The living condition in the hostel, though not so agreeable, is generally OK for us. However one thing most of us could not stand is the hostel manager’s autocracy.
Today, some coke was found missing from the studying room. I don’t know the specific situation, but immediately the hostel manager declared that the study room would be closed for a whole month. Some students protested about it but were scored unreasonably by the hostel manager. I am not approving the student’s stealing the coke. But I really found the hostel manager’s act extremely excessive and inconsiderate.
Before, I studied in the study room almost every day, for even during the study hours the canteen could also be very noisy. After this issue, a lot of students like me will be forced to study in the canteen, which will drastically decrease our efficiency. And also, I believe this act will not have any positive effect, for the students that are punished are not the ones who have stolen the coke. And as I have found out, a lot of students in the hostel are getting angry about it. I know neither MOE nor the hostel heads would like to see things like this happen.
I am really looking forward if you could spare a little time and make a phone call to the hostel manager. I believe other than dismiss us from the studying room, there must be better solutions for it.

Yours sincerely,
Jin Yiping

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the incident, but ths is not the right channel to write your complaint. If the incident is true, please let the MOE officers know when you meet them at Friday activities.

    ReplyDelete