Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A letter to ZhIling

Zhiling,
Haven’t written to you for long. How’s your spring festival at home? It must be hot as well in Guangxi. Did you eat dumplings? Set off fireworks?
I bought some decorations made of red paper last week in China Town. We put them up in the dorm and atmosphere was immediately pretty high.

On the eve of the festival, we went to Nanyang Technology University together. All the SM3 students from our university gathered together. It was of great fun! We played some games, which made every one laugh to tears. The punishment was even more ridiculous. Say force two boys to hot dance or run a circle carrying another one on the back.
After that we made dumplings and watch the celebration on CCTV. All are exactly the same as in China. Someone of us turned homesick but I still have no special feelings. Maybe I am so excited to explore my new life and don’t have time to pump the sissy feelings into my gut.
Here phone calls are really cheap. Calling back to China only costs 4 cents per minute. Even so, some of my roommates could use up all the $100 before the expiry date. It has formed a scenery that every night someone would shuffle in the court with a cell phone held tightly.
Our English lessons, however, is proceeding smoothly. Though every day we do almost the same things, I don’t really feel bored. After all, it is my own choice and I could always enjoy English. In my leisure hours, I always watch movies. sometimes, I find the meaning of my life through it. My value was in coherence with the theme of the film and it makes me think of it for days.
Hope I didn’t write too much. Have a nice 2009!
So long
Yiping

1 comment:

  1. Yiping, will your friend read your leeter to him/her? It'll be quite different if you write him/her in English.

    ReplyDelete