Monday, January 26, 2009

New Year's new fellings

I’m enjoying the spring festival.
First I want to introduce something about the spring festival to you.The spring festival is a great occasion to the Chinese people,it lasts about fifteen days, during which people do not work except for the workers on duty. Students do not go to school, and nearly all shops are closed,relatives get together and play together and enjoy the happy atmosphere.
With the spring festival coming nearer and nearer, people begin to prepare. Farmers kill pigs, sheep, cocks and hens. City dwellers buy meat fish and vegetables. Houses are cleaned; coupletsare posted on the doors. Colourful lanterns are hung at the gate.
On the eve of the new year, each family has its members gatherd together and eats a family reunion dinner. After the meal they watch TV until the clock strickes twelve.On the new year’s day ,children go out to say “happy new year” to the elder,and get Red Packets from them,people are dressed up,and paly happily.
This year I spend the spring festival with my friends in Singapore,we get together,eating、palying cards till night,I think it’s one of my most important things in my life.
I love the spring festival.

1 comment:

  1. Luan Bo, glad you enjoyed the Spring Festival in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete